The following are selected reports from the Seattle Police Department. They represent the officers’ accounts of the events described.



Sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 12:55 p.m. on July 10, someone entered a home in the 500 block of 28th Avenue through an open window and stole numerous items.

A purse was emptied, a closet was opened, an instrument case was moved and the contents of a jewelry box were scattered on the floor. 

Stolen were two laptop computers; computer cords; a safe containing personal records, passports, birth certificates and various pieces of jewelry; and a wallet containing ID and credit and debit cards.

One of the credit cards was used around 3:40 p.m. for $503 and again a few minutes later at Emerald Downs, for $203.

The rear door was left open, leading police to believe the suspect exited through this door. 



Police responded to 29th Avenue South and South Dearborn around 8:35 p.m. on July 2 to investigate a report of a man yelling in the street. They arrived to find a man who said he had been stabbed.

The victim said he met another man at a store earlier that night. They bought beer and returned to the victim’s home in the 800 block of 29th Avenue South. They drank and became “highly intoxicated,” according to the police report, as they worked on the victim’s vehicle. 

A fight started “for no apparent reason,” during which the victim was stabbed twice by an unknown object.

The victim fought the suspect off, and the suspect ran off before police arrived.

Police were unable to find the suspect, and there were no witnesses to the incident.

Medics responded to treat the man, who had a cut on his stomach and a possible puncture wound to his right thigh. He was later taken to Harborview Medical Center for further treatment.



Police responded to the 1800 block of 41st Avenue East at 9:45 a.m. to investigate a report of a suspicious person.

The victim told them she saw a man she didn’t know walking around and entering the upstairs bedrooms. She confronted him, and the suspect said he was checking her leaking roof.

She told him to leave, and he complied. He didn’t make any threats and “was polite the whole encounter,” the police report stated.

The victim didn’t think the suspect stole anything, as his hands were empty. Nothing appeared disturbed or missing.

She said she would recognize the suspect if she saw him again.



A woman in the 3000 block of East Marion Street woke up at 6:15 a.m. on July 20 to find her kitchen window open and a metal tobacco pipe and coins in the sink.

She took the items from the sink and asked a family member if one of his friends had snuck into the home overnight; he said no one had.

The victim then discovered that her laptop computer was missing, so she called police.

She said she remembered closing the window, but she couldn’t recall whether she locked it. 

Neither she nor the other family member had heard any unusual noises overnight.

Fingerprints were found on the inside of the kitchen window.



A woman returned to her home in the 3100 block of East Cherry Street to discover that someone had entered her home. The burglary occurred between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. on July 20.

The suspect stole miscellaneous bottles of alcohol from a freezer and a laptop computer.

She told police she hides a key near the back door; she believes this is where the burglar entered. 

The victim had begun to clean up from the burglary because of the delayed police response; they weren’t able to respond until 8:20 p.m. Because of this, the victim did not want the police to dust for fingerprints.



Someone broke into a home being renovated on 30th Avenue East and stole numerous tools between 6 p.m. on July 2 and 8 a.m. on July 3.

The homeowner said he locked the doors and window when he left; he arrived to find one window open and a door unlocked.

Stolen were two nail guns, two battery-powered drill sets, three other drills, three multi-saws, a rotary hammer and a paint sprayer — all worth a total of about $4,000.

No fingerprints were found.