The following are selected reports from the Seattle Police Department. They represent the officers’ accounts of the events described.


Someone entered a home under construction on East Highland Drive between 3:40 and 4:10 a.m. on Aug. 7, stealing about $1,200 worth of tools.

A worker arrived at 6:45 a.m. to discover that someone had kicked out a piece of plywood covering a window. Inside, the alarm system panel had been ripped down.

According to the police report, an employee of the alarm company responded, around 4 a.m.

As she waited for police, who were en route, a vehicle drove up alongside her. The passenger window rolled down, and a man leered at her.

The employee was certain that this was the suspect’s vehicle, so she gave a partial plate number to the responding officers.

Police couldn’t determine if a burglary had occurred when they initially responded.

They took the report later that morning, around 7:30 a.m.


A resident was in his bedroom in the 600 block of 23rd Avenue East at 3 p.m. on Aug. 4 when he heard loud banging sounds coming from outside at the other end of his home. He leaned out a window to see a man there and asked him if he needed help with anything.

The suspect looked at him from the porch for about 30 seconds before walking away. He was last seen running south down an alley.

Police found a torn, bent window screen.

They checked the screen, window, door handle and doorbell for fingerprints, but none were found.

No entry was made into the home.


A woman returned to her home in the 2600 block of East Valley Street around 9:55 a.m. on Aug. 11 to find it had been burglarized during the hour and a half she was gone.

The previously locked front door was unlocked when she returned.

Two tablet computers, a desktop computer and two laptop computers were taken.

Other items may have been stolen, as the suspect had gone through several areas of the home.

The suspect left behind a cell phone case that had a word and a phone number typed on a sticker, but a record check of the number didn’t yield any results.

The suspect may have worn gloves during the burglary, as officers were able to find impressions on several surfaces but no fingerprints.