Guard your ATM Card

Right to be nervous
A Redmond woman left her bank card in the ATM at a University District bank at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 21. According to the woman, she became nervous when several people stood behind her waiting in line and got distracted.

The suspect made three or four transactions at the bank machine, withdrawing $324 total.

The woman didn't report the incident until Jan. 25.

Police responded to the 2100 block of North 45th Street around 8:20 p.m. to remove an unwanted person from a business. There, an employee said the suspect had just left on a bicycle.

The man had apparently exposed his buttocks to business patrons on at least two separate occasions, though he hadn't done so that evening. Both prior incidents had been logged.

The employee asked that the man be trespassed since the suspect has exposed himself at the business' other locations.

The officer located the man at North 43rd Street and Wallingford Avenue North. The suspect had parked his bike and was crouching behind a post. He rode away on his bike as the officer approached.

The officer stopped the suspect in the 4400 block of Woodlawn Avenue North, where the man identified himself and tried to explain his actions.

The officer, however, noted that the suspect's demeanor was "somewhat disturbing."

The suspect said the women at the business were responsible for his actions because of how they dress and flip their hair around. He then admitted that he should see a doctor regarding his issues.

The officer filled out an admonishment card for the man and explained the conditions to him. He then told the suspect to go home and to not "engage in this type of behavior anymore."

Graffiti arrest

On Jan. 20, a Seattle Public Schools security specialist assigned to a North End high school found a graffiti tag that had been written around the school on a student's assigned desk in one of the classrooms.

The security specialist took the student from the classroom and questioned him.

He then asked the student if he could search the boy's backpack, to which the student agreed.

Inside the backpack were eight stickers with graffiti written on them and several marking instruments.

The boy admitted to writing the graffiti on the stickers, tagging the school several times and scratching graffiti on several school mirrors. He also admitted to tagging locations throughout Seattle about 100 times with spray paint and markers.

The student was suspended from school, and the security specialist kept the graffiti-related items and photographed them for evidence.

The incident wasn't reported to police until Jan. 25, so officers weren't able to questione[[In-content Ad]]