The season of celebration and giving is here and Madison Park is brimming with both.
November’s Warmth and Wine at Parkshore’s Lakeview Room was a sold-out event, with more than 150 people dressed up and stepping out for an evening of jazz music, wine tasting from five wineries and a silent auction offering vacation holidays, restaurant gift certificates, photography sessions, and more.
The holiday tree lights are sparkling in the business district and lighting the way for local shopping and December events:
• Friends’ monthly neighborhood meeting has been pushed a week because of the Thanksgiving break to Monday, Dec. 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Bathhouse.
• Dec. 9 kicks off festivities in Madison Park. The Red Wagon Toy Store starts with its annual Santa Day and Wellspring Toy Drive. Santa will be there from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. with a reindeer break in between. There will be face-painting, balloon-twisting, giveaways, drawings, and refreshments, as well.
• An Artisan Pop-Up market expands the opportunities to shop local for the holidays on Dec. 9 and Dec. 16 in the Bank of America parking lot from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Included is a crafts booth for kids.
• We’ve also added a wreath-making class from 10 a.m. to noon on Dec. 9 at the Bathhouse. Nicole Morgan will guide you with her expertise and a wide array of greenery and decorations to bring home your own beautiful wreath. A fee of $85 per person goes toward Friends of Madison Park. Register at www.friendsofmadisonpark website. Only 20 spots available.
• Dec. 9 is capped off at 5 p.m. with the tree lighting (the Atlas Cedar by the tennis courts) in the park. Over 40 McGilvra Elementary students will sing, followed by caroling for all ages at the park and throughout the business and neighborhood. Madison Park Baker is providing Christmas cookies.
• On Dec. 21, Santa visits the Bathhouse starting at 6 p.m. for family photos and treats. Photos provided by Windermere Madison Park and treats provided by Parkshore and Madison Park Hardware. Bonfire and Christmas Ships arrival at 8:40 p.m. at Madison Park Beach.
• Throughout the month, Friends of Madison Park is partnering with The Red Wagon and Wellsprings for a toy drive. Bins are at Parkshore, The Power Petite, The Original Children’s Shop, Madison Park Pharmacy, and McGilvra Elementary. All toys will be collected Dec. 11. Northwest Harvest bins are at Starbucks, Madison Park Hardware, Madison Park Pharmacy and McGilvra’s. A bin will also be at the Bathhouse on Dec. 21 during Santa picture time.
There’s so much to look forward to this holiday season. SHOP LOCAL and join us in all the festivities.